Tuesday, May 15, 2012

First Words

I have come to the conclusion that I must write in order to understand myself and the world around me. I also know that I like an audience for my observations, because feedback can help me to find the truth. And so I launch a blog, in order to feed both my need for community and my need for therapy. I hope I am not one of those folks with more ego than talent, and that my writings will be thoughtful and helpful to whatever the audience for this blog becomes.

Like most people, we are a family that faces our share of struggles, but in truth we have been blessed in most every aspect of our lives. And so I want to write about the small blessings along the way. Grace is everywhere, and I want to acknowledge that in my writing. I hope that my words will be a blessing to others.

1 comment:

  1. Chris --

    Just read the whole blog, backwards, of course, and enjoyed every word. When we met, I learned to know you as a soprano, then as a "new" mom of Lewi and Lily. Your love of words and writing was not something I knew automatically but I am thrilled to know it now. You keep writing and I'll keep reading .... I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete